Loves gumbo: Ingredients for loving and lasting relationships

Our families are falling apart and are in crisis. Want to do something to ensure that your family stays together or that you choose the right mate. Make this small investment for $3.99 and start the journey of thinking differently about love.

Here's my new Jewelry Rockstar Website



Wednesday, November 5, 2008

We Did It



I am so happy that election is finally over! I am also happy that real change will be coming. These United States of America needed Barack Obama! We needed to prove that we could empower ourselves to choose someone who cares about our country. We've done it! Now the work begins to correct the trajectory of this country, we need to get back on track. I cried and cried and cried last night!


I worked the polls yesterday in a Republican precinct. I was happy, friendly, compassionate, and I gave excellent customer service. Why, because I already knew that Barack would walk away the winner! The voters I encountered knew it too because they seemed especially worried that their precinct was not overflowing with voters trying to vote.

Anyway, right now I am overwhelmed with making plans to get to D.C. for January 20th. I have to be there for this historic moment!

5 comments:

Dori said...

I cried too and I was SO overjoyed!!!! I was awake until well after 6am UK time and I'm not tired at all today :-) I thought of my parents and all of those who came before us and I wept some more. What a glorious day in America and in the world!

T.Allen said...

I didn't watch because I just couldn't. My husband sent an e-mail which read, "Can you smell what Barack is cookin'?" And I smiled and then I laughed and laughed some more. I was thoroughly elated. What a monumental event!

I hope you make it to DC...

Barbara said...

Yep, a truly beautiful moment. My face was quite salty as well, lol

Anonymous said...

I too cried, cried, and cried. I held myself and remembered what my grandmother told me, during my youth days, of the time she walked behind Martin Luther King, Jr. in the march for the sanitation workers in Memphis, TN (my birth home). My grandmother is in the hospital, I called her this morning and she said the good Lord has blessed her to see this day. Of course, I cried so more on my way home from work. This day is a glorious one to be remembered for centuries to come.

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

Beautiful picture--beautiful moment! And good for you for being benevolent in the face of "red" adversity... it wasn't easy around here yesterday. But who cares? Barack Obama is president!!!