Loves gumbo: Ingredients for loving and lasting relationships

Our families are falling apart and are in crisis. Want to do something to ensure that your family stays together or that you choose the right mate. Make this small investment for $3.99 and start the journey of thinking differently about love.

Here's my new Jewelry Rockstar Website



Saturday, September 27, 2008

Josephine Baker




Josephine Baker was an extraordinary singer and performer of the 1930's. She was well-known for her banana dance. During the time of the Great Depression, she entertained us. She was the first African American to star in a major motion picture. She integrated American concert halls, and made history as a world entertainer. Her style was impeccable, sassy, and aggressively beautiful.








I absolutely love this necklace and these bracelets, Look out for Josephine Baker tribute pieces from me. I am gonna try my hand at designing something she would love to wear!

Beyonce did a tribute dance to Ms. Baker at the end of her video Deja vu , plus she performed wearing Josephine's well-known Banana skirt:







Here are two videos of Josephine Baker dancing her heart out!









8 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the Josephine tribute jewelry. I didn't know that Beyonce did a tribute video guess I need to watch tv more.

High Desert Diva said...

She was amazing. I have one of her cds...most of the music is French. I love it. I hadn't seen any video clips before, though. Fun.

T.Allen said...

What a great idea for a jewelry line! Her Cha Cha Cha is my favorite...I have a thing for French and Cape Verdeian music.

Unknown said...

oh yeah. that's a great idea for a line of jewelry.

(that was really the only scene i like from that beyonce video.)

Blackfeatherfarm said...

Love the Josephine photos, they are so artsy. Have fun creating the tribute jewelry, everything old is new again !

Dori said...

I think that the Josephine Baker tribute jewelry is a great idea! I just love her and I love her trailblazing. She was great! I found a site about her former home in France and I so want to visit there. I can't wait to see what you design. :)

Barbara said...

Can't wait to see the new jewelry when you get it completed. It is true that Beyonce' seems to like to channel her inner Josephine and Tina quite often.

I think she also did a tribute to Josephine Baker in the Baby Boy video from her list album.

Outdoor and Festival Vendors said...

Love Josephine Baker! No one like her.