Loves gumbo: Ingredients for loving and lasting relationships

Our families are falling apart and are in crisis. Want to do something to ensure that your family stays together or that you choose the right mate. Make this small investment for $3.99 and start the journey of thinking differently about love.

Here's my new Jewelry Rockstar Website



Thursday, September 11, 2008

She's Strange, and I like it!





Do you remember the eighties. Cameo, Cyndi Lauper, Madonna (before she converted to kabbalah), Sheila E. I remember those days very well. I thought about them last night when I created these earrings.

Here are some pics of those olden days, for those of you who weren't back there.







My twenty year reunion is coming up, so I have been thinking about the eighties quite a lot. Sad thing is I don't think I'm gonna make it back there to the reunion.

Anyway, don't forget my giveaway is running until Tuesday evening. Please enter. I want to give some nice earrings away. I may even consider giving the winner a choice. On second thought, maybe that will be the next one.




8 comments:

Unknown said...

not sure what it is, but i love the pieces on the ends of those earrings.

regarding the eighties, specifically the hairstyles, i think subconsciously i've got a thing for the kinda big on top, structured look. sometimes i'll fix my hair a certain way and look i stepped straight out of the period!

Unknown said...

Your jewelry is lovely. I also like all your items on your slide. Best wishes

T.Allen said...

Love the 80's...I was just in the car singing Love Bazaar (Bizarre?) by Prince and Sheila E-I knew all the words, now ask me what I had for breakfast! *sigh*

Is that polymer you've sculpted at the ends? Great texture...

Jewelry Rockstar said...

Yes, that is polymer I sculpted at the end. I've been trying all kinds of new things.

njppa said...

Oh the 80s are so bittersweet. I have to admit I was surprised to see they've made a comeback throughout the years and looks like there will be some more of it Spring 09.
I missed my 20 year, but sounded like it was going to be a lot of fun. Best wishes on making it to yours!
-njppa

Unknown said...

Love those earrings! I just had my reunion and enjoyed it tremendously. I found the women looked about the same but the guys had a rough time of it. I wonder how it will be at yours?

Unknown said...

The 80's were awesome! and so are those earrings! They are so striking:)

Outdoor and Festival Vendors said...

Interesting earrings. Those would look great if I had a cool hip spot to hang.